Re: [mylyn-dev] GSoc 2010 Code Hosting

Hi David,

On 30 April 2010 00:41, David Green <dgreen99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Harshana,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Harshana Eranga Martin <harshana05@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David,

On 30 April 2010 00:22, David Green <dgreen99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Harshana,

I'm not sure what dependencies you're considering -- in general I don't see a need for consuming 3rd party libraries for your project.  Perhaps you can describe what you'd like to use and what your use case is.

I was thinking about using a 3rd party library for DOM generation if there is any which satisfies our requirements.

It's unlikely that you'll find a library that will work well for this project, since it doesn't make sense to build an XML DOM.  Take a look at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.wikitext.ui.editor.syntax.FastMarkupPartitioner.PartitionBuilder, you'll want to do something similar.  It builds a DOM-like structure that uses common abstractions supported by the WikiText framework, such as blocks, spans, BlockType and SpanType.

Let me know if you think that makes sense.

Thanks a lot for the reference. I have looked at the PartitionBuilder and it makes sense how should I proceed with that. I will think of this more during the next couple of days and come to you if I have any question.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin

David