Re: [mylyn-dev] GSoc 2010 Code Hosting

Hi David,

On 30 April 2010 00:22, David Green <dgreen99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Harshana,

I'm not sure what dependencies you're considering -- in general I don't see a need for consuming 3rd party libraries for your project.  Perhaps you can describe what you'd like to use and what your use case is.

I was thinking about using a 3rd party library for DOM generation if there is any which satisfies our requirements.

If you do need to consume a third party library, if you can find it in Orbit you'll be better off since all of the libraries in Orbit have been IP-approved.  If it's something that's not in Orbit we'll need to discuss further.  Either way, using a 3rd party library requires a CQ per the Eclipse IP process

Regards,

David

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Markus Knittig <markus@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/29/2010 08:24 PM, Harshana Eranga Martin wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Yeah. I was there in the call and heard it. The
> problem is,  what if we have to use 3rd party libraries which are not
> compatible with EPL? In that case is it ok to keep them in Eclipse Issue
> Tracker?

I don't think your allowed to use such 3rd party libraries. For a 3rd
party library which has a licence that is compatible to the EPL you must
create an CQ request on https://dev.eclipse.org/ipzilla/, but you should
probably consult with your mentor first.

Best regards,
 Markus

Thanks and Regards,
Harshana Martin