Re: [mylyn-dev] GSoc 2010 Code Hosting

Harshana,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Harshana Eranga Martin <harshana05@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David,

On 30 April 2010 00:22, David Green <dgreen99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Harshana,

I'm not sure what dependencies you're considering -- in general I don't see a need for consuming 3rd party libraries for your project.  Perhaps you can describe what you'd like to use and what your use case is.

I was thinking about using a 3rd party library for DOM generation if there is any which satisfies our requirements.

It's unlikely that you'll find a library that will work well for this project, since it doesn't make sense to build an XML DOM.  Take a look at org.eclipse.mylyn.internal.wikitext.ui.editor.syntax.FastMarkupPartitioner.PartitionBuilder, you'll want to do something similar.  It builds a DOM-like structure that uses common abstractions supported by the WikiText framework, such as blocks, spans, BlockType and SpanType.

Let me know if you think that makes sense.

David

Back to the top