Re: [m2e-users] How to open a package in a Maven Project

Hi Ulrich,

> Thank you for the links.

You're welcome.

> It's almost exhausting. Now I'm down to the fourth
> level of application layer I need to know to do what I originally meant to do:
> to work with CQ5.
> I will try to become familiar with the repository (I choosed archiva) then. I
> had tried to setup "settings.xml" just before I sent my last mail - but it
> didn't work. I had to allocate it (there was none before) and copiedthe sample
> here. Anyway, I've got something to read before I can go further here.

If you're connected directly to the Internet (no proxy and/or firewall) and work on a project your own, i.e. no coworkers etc., there's not necessarily a need to have a settings.xml and/or install a MRM, although that can help you a lot. Search the mailing list archives if you want to know more.

> My orignal question in this thread was, whether it is possible to
> create a Java
> Package (or lets say a Java Source Folder) to a Maven Project and what might
> fail my requests to do so.

According to your last mail, your problems were - from a Maven perspective - a non-working Internet access...
Normally it's absolutely no problem to create Java packages inside a Maven project; for example, right-click on the desired project, select New -> Package, and in the dialog the input box for the source folder is already prefilled (<project name>/src/main/java if you stick with the Maven defaults).
(Eclipse 4.3 M5 and the latest available release of m2e)

HTH

Thorsten

Back to the top