Re: [m2e-users] How to open a package in a Maven Project

Thank you for the links. It's almost exhausting. Now I'm down to the fourth
level of application layer I need to know to do what I originally meant to do:
to work with CQ5.
I will try to become familiar with the repository (I choosed archiva) then. I
had tried to setup "settings.xml" just before I sent my last mail - but it
didn't work. I had to allocate it (there was none before) and copied the sample
here. Anyway, I've got something to read before I can go further here.

My orignal question in this thread was, whether it is possible to create a Java
Package (or lets say a Java Source Folder) to a Maven Project and what might
fail my requests to do so.

Ulrich

Thorsten Heit <thorsten.heit@xxxxxx> hat am 11. Februar 2013 um 10:39
geschrieben:

> Hi,
>
>  > You are right; I need to use a proxy server to connect to the internet. For
>  > my
>  > project, I don't need internet access. Why does Maven need it.
>
>  Maven needs either an Internet connection or a repository manager with a
> valid Internet connection to download plugins for building your project. I.e.
> plugins for compiling your code, create a jar, install/deploy etc.pp. Also see
> [1] and [2].
>

>  > And
>  > what can I do
>  > to fix the problem?
>
>  Well, specify the correct proxy settings in your IDE and in
> $HOME/.m2/settings.xml. See [3] for example.
>
>  The better option is to install a repository manager such as Nexus, Archiva,
> Artifactory etc. on a machine on your network, especially if you're not the
> only one working with Maven ([4]).
>

>  [1] https://maven.apache.org/general.html#proxy-needed
> <https://maven.apache.org/general.html#proxy-needed>
>  [2] https://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html