Re: [m2e-users] How to open a package in a Maven Project

Sounds like you probably created a project with a packaging type other than jar.

On 8 February 2013 09:42, Ulrich Schmidt <Ulrich-Dieter.Schmidt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm starting with Maven and work on a sample which requests me to create a package within a Maven Project. But this fails; Eclipse Juno rejects the request with message "Source folder is not a Java project.".
I've installed "Maven Integration for Eclipse" from the Eclipse Marketplace and started with an empty workspace.
There is another problem pending: After creating the Maven Project the pom.xml-file is indcated as being in error. I will post this in another thread but want to mention it here; I don't think so but maybe it helps explaining the error in this post.