Re: [m2e-users] M2E plugin : please convince me

Is it also fair to say that m2e is the bridge between a Maven project (POM) and the Eclipse project settings?  Since Eclipse doesn't have native support for Maven, m2e converts the POM to an Eclipse project and then attempts to keep them synchronized through the build/test/deploy/debug lifecycle via all of the plugins and connectors, which is why it seems to be an overly complex thing to get configured and working correctly.

Is that an accurate assessment?