Re: [m2e-users] M2E plugin : please convince me

M2e 1.2 now supports placing your lifecycle mapping metadata in a
global location so that it doesn't need to pollute individual project
poms.  This at least addresses one of your original concerns.  To do
this, there is now a second quickfix in your pom editor to handle
lifecycle mapping metadata mismatches.