Re: [m2e-users] M2E plugin : please convince me

> Is it also fair to say that m2e is the bridge between a Maven project (POM)
> and the Eclipse project settings?  Since Eclipse doesn't have native support
> for Maven, m2e converts the POM to an Eclipse project and then attempts to
> keep them synchronized through the build/test/deploy/debug lifecycle via all
> of the plugins and connectors, which is why it seems to be an overly complex
> thing to get configured and working correctly.
>
> Is that an accurate assessment?

That's been my experience as well.  M2e does a reasonable job of keeping the Eclipse .project and .classpath in sync with the POM, but there's no coordination between the m2e project and the connector projects, and keeping those in sync is a real problem.

Back to the top