Re: [m2e-dev] Starting a 2.0 with breaking changes soon?

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 10:13 AM Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 7:11 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Beside my change regarding scopes, there are two more that seems quite
easy and help people using maven target locations, I have marked them
for 1.20.

OK.

Beside that I wonder if we simply start with 2.0 after the 2022-03
relese (what would be the last date to release 1.20 if we want it to be
part of that release?)

I don't think we should "obey" to SimRel calendar. It's adding more constraints than opportunity. If we release 1.20 now, it can still be part of 2022-03, and even if we release before SimRel 2022-03, we can still put 1.20 or 1.19 in SimRel 2022-03. Let's just not add constraints to our development and other goals, and do what we think is best for us maintainers. The rest will follow.

Absolutely! Few people being responsible for 5-6+ projects contributions in SimRel makes it physically impossible to go by it. Some projects have to be done earlier so the rest can be contributed according to the calendar. Do 1.20 ASAP, contribute to Simrel and let's 2.0 party started.