Re: [m2e-dev] Starting a 2.0 with breaking changes soon?

On Fri, Feb 4, 2022 at 7:11 AM Christoph Läubrich <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Beside my change regarding scopes, there are two more that seems quite
easy and help people using maven target locations, I have marked them
for 1.20.

OK.

Beside that I wonder if we simply start with 2.0 after the 2022-03
relese (what would be the last date to release 1.20 if we want it to be
part of that release?)

I don't think we should "obey" to SimRel calendar. It's adding more constraints than opportunity. If we release 1.20 now, it can still be part of 2022-03, and even if we release before SimRel 2022-03, we can still put 1.20 or 1.19 in SimRel 2022-03. Let's just not add constraints to our development and other goals, and do what we think is best for us maintainers. The rest will follow.

Back to the top