Re: [linuxtools-dev] CTF timestamps in big endian

> > That
> > one has TMF/LTTng, but doesn't have PDE installed by default. The above
> > guide mentions Eclipse Classic, but I'll edit it to make it more clear
> > you actually need PDE.
>
> I guess there's one other (maybe) non-obvious point missing: once you
> get the whole thing to work with "Run As... -> Eclipse Application",
> how do you install it within your eclipse runtime enviroment?
> What I did was to select all packages, right-click "Export..." as
> "Plug-in Development" -> "Deployable plug-ins and fragments", saved it
> as a ZIP which I the unpacked under my "Eclipse for C/C++ Developers"
> instance. Seems to do the trick.

Yeah, this will work.
You noticed that doing "Run As -> Eclipse Application" starts a second,
nested Eclipse, and that one has your plugins loaded. This is what we
refer to as the Development Setup ;) It allows quickly changing the code
and testing the results.

For day-to-day use, installing the plugins in the main Eclipse instance
is indeed simpler.

> BTW, is there a binary release planned, anytime soon?

We should release a 1.1.1 for the Juno SR1 maintenance release pretty
soon. After that there should be be a 1.2 some time around November.
Then 2.0 next June for Eclipse Kepler.

If you want to try the latest development version without having to
compile/install it manually every time, you can use the nightly update
site. Just add the following repo under "Install New Software":
http://download.eclipse.org/linuxtools/updates-nightly

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Montplaisir