Re: [linuxtools-dev] CTF timestamps in big endian

On 09/14/2012 05:22 PM, Alexandre Montplaisir wrote:
On 12-09-14 11:06 AM, Gerlando Falauto wrote:
Hi Alexandre,
On 09/03/2012 09:49 PM, Alexandre Montplaisir wrote:
On 12-09-03 05:02 AM, Gerlando Falauto wrote:

P.S. If you could provide some pointers on how to patch/upgrade the
tools (to me this whole Eclipse world looks as complicated as a
galaxy!), I would really appreciate it! :-)

You can use the following procedure to get the latest version of the
tools:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Linux_Tools_Project/LTTng_Eclipse_Plug-in_Development_Environement_Setup

I tried the above procedure (as I had before), but I get building
errors on most of the packages. Apparently ANTLR and RSE, though
installed, are not included in the Build path. I managed to get around
the build errors by manually adding them to the build path as external
Jars, however I supposed this is not the right way to go.

Moreover, I am missing the "Window ->  Preferences ->  Plug-in
Development" menu item, as well as "Run As... ->  Eclipse Application"
when right-clicking on the plugin's project.

Any clues? I'm sure this must be something trivial...

Ah, you must be missing  the Plugin Development Environment (PDE). Under
"Install New Software", choose "General Purpose Tools" ->  "Eclipse
Plug-in Development Environment".

Bingo!

You started from the "Eclipse for C/C++ Developers" package right?

That's right. Actually I had suspected something like this so I had also downloaded Eclipse Classic and started from there... at least I think I did.

> That
> one has TMF/LTTng, but doesn't have PDE installed by default. The above
> guide mentions Eclipse Classic, but I'll edit it to make it more clear
> you actually need PDE.

I guess there's one other (maybe) non-obvious point missing: once you get the whole thing to work with "Run As... -> Eclipse Application", how do you install it within your eclipse runtime enviroment? What I did was to select all packages, right-click "Export..." as "Plug-in Development" -> "Deployable plug-ins and fragments", saved it as a ZIP which I the unpacked under my "Eclipse for C/C++ Developers" instance. Seems to do the trick.

This should also solve the dependencies problem you mentioned. You will
probably get a bunch of API baseline errors too, but the guide explains
how to turn them off. Let me know if you still have problems!

Didn't actually see the API baseline errors.
Seems like everything is fine now. I'll let you know if I run into some other issue.

BTW, is there a binary release planned, anytime soon?

Cheers,

Thanks,
Gerlando

Back to the top