From: linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linuxtools-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Francois
Chouinard
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:15 PM
To: Linux Tools developer discussions
Subject: Re: [linuxtools-dev] LTTng - no display

Hi George,

> On trying the 2.3 trace I am able to see data in the Events view but
> nothing in the Control Flow view.  I get a lot of errors on the
console:

William should be able to provide you with the exact version to download
but it will have to wait until Monday AM.

> Your comment about the version mess being temporary is reassuring. Is
> the intent here to support all the previous (recent?) file versions in

> a single version of the liblttvtraceread library? I appreciate that
> this is still unreleased software but knowing would help us plan for
the future.

It was not our initial intention to support older versions of the trace
format but, if the need is there, we will definitely prioritize it.
Anyway, we do have to support upcoming versions which boils down to the
same issue. It would just be implemented earlier :-)

And yes, we would like to provide format support from a single
liblttvtraceread.

Regards,
/fc