Re: [linuxtools-dev] LTTng - no display

On behalf of William Bourque (who managed to ire the e-mail gods):

Sorry everyone for sending it that way, but it seems our mail servers are having problem today, I can't send or receive email for now. I wanted to reply on this issue before the weekend so here we go.

George Stephen-RVGG20 wrote:
> Attached is a file with the console output. (I hope the mail list
> accepts attachments).
> I am using lttv-0.12.20-12112009 since the trace was collected from a
> 2.6.30 kernel on an 8 core device. This is using trace format version
> 2.3. The trace displays OK on the native build of LTTv.

That make sense that it displays correctly in LTTv, the code that is out of date is probably in the JNI part of it, which LTTv does't use by itself. If you really need to read that trace in Eclipse, you could copy the file "ltt/jni_interface.c" from the latest Lttv snapshot (from
http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/?p=liblttngtrace.git;a=summary) to this old version and recompile this version of LTTv.
In any case, make sure you do not forget the --with-jni-interface flag.

> As a check I have also tried with the latest
> (lttv-e82ba01f05692628b574992689352dbe1bea489f.tar.gz)lttv and used
> the updated sample trace (version 2.5) with the same (no display) result.

Now that's weird because the latest Eclipse Lttng code (checkouted from Eclipse SVN) with the latest LTTv snapshot (from
http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/?p=liblttngtrace.git;a=summary) should work fine as long your trace is in the 2.5 format.

Sometime, you can get some hints by checking the "Error Log" in the Eclipse application you started. To do so, assuming you started the Eclipse application from org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.ui and that you are in the LTTng perspective, use : "Windows -> Others" and select "Error Log". Then try to open your trace and send me anything you might find relevant in the Error Log.

Also, I want you to try a snapshot I made at :
http://dorsal.polymtl.ca/~wibou

This snapshot is known to contain version that work together (at least, for me!) under Eclipse 3.5 and 3.6. Also, please test in priority with the trace (in tar.gz format) found in the "eclipse_projects/org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng.tests/traceset" as we know this one is of the correct version.
If this fail, then the problem might be somewhere else, i.e. out of the LTTv / Eclipse-Lttng interaction, so at least we will know.

ALSO, note that this version mess is temporary, that has been an unexpected change of trace version in LTTv and its library before our mecanism to handle multiple trace version and LTTv version is complete.
Make sure we are working right now to make sure this never happen once we release Lttng :)

Thank you

- William Bourque

Back to the top