[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [higgins-dev] LDAP setup
- From: Jonathan Tellier <jonathan.tellier@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:24:48 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:received:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=eHt+ACmLhvyBe3Bnz5R+H/1fCaCloj/k1n3/bk6gh10=; b=EHu4a+yLtsZNx8JaztVahAWdq3303WNJvCffM1cHfEWbkZhmWQussCqwn8t+IgpzxE 3azpRmfH80MU/cGDuqrGxf2uUwZdjN/vceKjIeBuSG0/zUosF27G/Qbb3JkeJIEZ//bR NzlXYeK2p3kafucvxUAVZtPhukVDL9vMddixw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=UfXRS+DhbgDR8wRavWE9e7/+0i7Heky81JGvC9obWOLOf5R7DtBk3nQbww7/Y0WTTT B3Opx76J+9shuIbRnqg6sV1eShts2+40PReYB9phm82G1RGHRlROjP+SURqxscf53JeB ljtXk4WkGvZBR2LYGYcQKF5EXK9xw1iT8Qfj0=
Having never worked with OpenLDAP, when I deployed my STS, I've had
problems with that server too. Here are some pointers that made might
be of some help:
- You can get the necessary ldif file here:
https://camelot.parityinc.net/STSDocs/org.ldif (mentioned on that
- You can start OpenLDAP with debug messages with that command:
slapd -d 5 -f <path to config file>
- You can test your config file with that command:
slapd -Tt -f <path to config file>
- The wiki page says to replace the schema folder with the one that
can be retrieved here:
Don't. I initially did that and it caused some errors. Just copy the
.schema files that are not already present in your OpenLDAP
Hope this helps,
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:29 AM, PASQUIER thomas
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to setup a sts on a redhat server and meet some difficulty with LDAP. I didn't use LDAP before so I'm a little confused about how to configure it.
> At first I though having the good schemas and the according .conf file will work but it's not the case. I had the following error:
> Exception : javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - parent does not exist]; remaining name 'uid=a,ou=identities,dc=higgins,dc=eclipse,dc=org'
> Well it seems that I don't have all necessary entry in my LDAP three so I decided to import the database I use on my windows test machine using slapcat. But I'm not able to import it neither using ldapadd nor slapdadd.
> Slapadd error :
> str2entry: str2ad(entryUUID): attribute type undefined
> ldapadd error :
> ldap_add: Constraint violation
> additional info: structuralObjectClass: no user modification allowed
> The last one is obviously a rights problem, but as I have no real idea of how ldap work I can't fix it.
> That problem is not directly related to Higgins STS but does someone have a .ldif (or any other solution) to setup correctly my LDAP ?
> Thank you.
> Best Regards,
> Thomas PASQUIER
> higgins-dev mailing list