Re: [higgins-dev] LDAP setup

You do the modification using the rootDN?
---
David Campos

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:29, PASQUIER thomas <thomas.PASQUIER@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to setup a sts on a redhat server and meet some difficulty with LDAP. I didn't use LDAP before so I'm a little confused about how to configure it.

At first I though having the good schemas and the according .conf file will work but it's not the case. I had the following error:
Exception : javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - parent does not exist]; remaining name 'uid=a,ou=identities,dc=higgins,dc=eclipse,dc=org'

Well it seems that I don't have all necessary entry in my LDAP three so I decided to import the database I use on my windows test machine using slapcat. But I'm not able to import it neither using ldapadd nor slapdadd.

Slapadd error :
str2entry: str2ad(entryUUID): attribute type undefined

ldapadd error :
ldap_add: Constraint violation
       additional info: structuralObjectClass: no user modification allowed

The last one is obviously a rights problem, but as I have no real idea of how ldap work I can't fix it.

That problem is not directly related to Higgins STS but does someone have a .ldif (or any other solution) to setup correctly my LDAP ?

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Thomas PASQUIER
GEMALTO