Re: 答复: [higgins-dev] Integration of RCP Identity Selector

Tie Li schrieb:
> you have defined two scenarios in the following, but my question is, do
> you have any business requirement at hand or typical use case/user
> stories about rich client application with identity selector
> functionality,or what's the motivation of typical rich client
> applications to integrate with the identity selector?

After reading Paul's mail about possibly removing the RCP selector
altogether, I wonder if we are on the right track.

Let me elaborate on the use where the selector is bundled with an RCP
application. Companies are today using RCP to add their own platform on
top of it for running different applications in the same RCP instance.
Very similar to Lotus Notes. One big RCP client instead of many separate
ones. In this case bundling the selector for those applications makes a
lot of sense in terms of versioning, testing, deployment (think update
site). Since the selector would be used only for these business
applications, there is no requirement to have it available outside of
RCP for other programs to use.

How would a clean integration look like? I guess we would not need the
HBX protocol (we could still use it if listening on a port is ok). A
cleaner integration would be a Java API that short-cuts the HBX
messages. Am I right to assume that this has not been developed yet?

If that API were there it would be a great selling point for Higgins in
the RCP communitiy. Just plug it in. No separate install, no app in the
tray. Developed and shipped like any other plug-in.

Frank.

Back to the top