[higgins-dev] Integration of RCP Identity Selector

Hi all,

we, a group of four developers, have a joint submission about "Identity Management in your RCP application with Higgins" together with Mary Ruddy. We are doing development of RCP and server-side applications quite a good while, and are trying now to integrate Higgins into typical application architectures.

We are preparing a demonstrator for EclipseCon, where we want to show the integration of the RCP Identity Selector into an simple RCP application.

We have two scenarios in mind:

- Embed an RCP Identity Selector into an existing RCP application, to enable re-use of identity cards (either local, or managed)
- Use a locally installed RCP Identity Selector for more than one application

What is the preferred way, to startup the RCP Identity Selector from a RCP UI? Are there any samples within SVN?
The app "crpps" also contains a service (RPPSService2) providing Higgins Browser extension (<hbx...>) protocol running on port 8088. Is this the preferred way to share one common installed RCP Identity Selector for multiple RCP applications? Are there any details about the HBX protocol supported by this service?

Thanks, Jochen

Back to the top