Re: 答复: [higgins-dev] Integration of RCP Identity Selector

Hi Lie,

thanks for your immediate response.

2009/2/10 Tie Li <litie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Glad to hear that you are interested in the "RCP identitiy selector", I have developed this feature with Mike and Bruce in the year 07-08. I see you have defined two scenarios in the following, but my question is, do you have any business requirement at hand or typical use case/user stories about rich client application with identity selector functionality,or what's the motivation of typical rich client applications to integrate with the identity selector?

Our purpose for EclipseCon is to explain Higgins usage scenarios for Eclipse / RCP developers.

We are also working for clients, which are using and developing a lot of business driven RCP applications, where Identity Management is an overall essential topic, also including mulit-tier architectures with RCP clients, server-side JavaEE applications and in some cases standard IAM infrastructure (e.g. like Netegrity SiteMinder).

The RCP ID selector and HBX are in two separate process, and I use socket as the inter-process communication channel. HBX can hold up info-card form's POST request, it can get the info-card description of the Web page (mostly are the <param> tags of the <object> tag), and send these information to the RCP identity selector process through a TCP connection, on 8088. The selector then work out the security token (from remote STS server or locally) and return the token to the HBX.

OK, I'll see.

We have define the message format (XML) for this TCP connection, so the RCP rich client application can use the same way to invoke this selector. Your application can just prepare this XML message, and send out through port 8088; and then wait for the security token on this connection.

I have a sample (which I prepared for IBM Lotus Expeditor/Notes last year), and you can find the stuff com.ibm.rcp.security.icard contains things you may want. Note that the code may be old as it is developed in April 2008.

Great. This helps us to understand and use the RCP Identity Selector.

Bye, Jochen

Back to the top