Re: [higgins-dev] Higgins 1.1 M2 release status - 13-June-08

This is branching into another topic.

IAttributeModel can no longer have a method getValueModel.  Why?  Because the group decided that each value of an attribute is allowed to be of a different type.  Daniel and Mike were the main proponents of this.  I don't like it and I pretty much caved to group consensus.  If you'd like to re-raise that argument, feel free.  To me, it's much simpler to say that all values of an attribute are of the same type.

I only deprecated it for now, so that we could figure out how to fix up all the old code that used it.  If we can reverse that decision, I'd love it!

Jim

>>> "Sergey Lyakhov" <slyakhov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 06/17/08 8:26 AM >>>

Actually, IAttributeModel should return the model of its value, because in HOWL, each attribute can have exactly one type of value. IAttributeModel.getValueModel() (which now is deprecated by some reason) returns IAttributeValueModel (complex or simple). So, I think,  we need IAttributeComplexValueModel interface.

By the way, because IAttributeModel.getValueModel() is now deprecated, how should we obtain the model of value now?

Thanks,
Sergey Lyakhov