Re: [higgins-dev] Higgins 1.1 M2 release status - 13-June-08

I don't like the added complexity either, but it is good for another reason.
Today the Higgins "Context Data Model" is expressive enough to be able to
represent with minimal loss a wide range of data models that exist in the
wild. Without this flexibility, for example, it could not represent many
kinds of RDF-based data (e.g. from the semantic web, etc.).

On 6/17/08 11:36 AM, "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  This is branching into another topic.
>
>  IAttributeModel can no longer have a method getValueModel.  Why?  Because the
> group decided that each value of an attribute is allowed to be of a different
> type.  Daniel and Mike were the main proponents of this.  I don't like it and
> I pretty much caved to group consensus.  If you'd like to re-raise that
> argument, feel free.  To me, it's much simpler to say that all values of an
> attribute are of the same type.
>
>  I only deprecated it for now, so that we could figure out how to fix up all
> the old code that used it.  If we can reverse that decision, I'd love it!
>
>  Jim

<snip>

Back to the top