Re: [geclipse-dev] Proposal for re-naming JsdlMultiPageEditor.

Hi!

> I would go for the "JSDL Editor". How would you call an HTML editor?
> "Web editor"? Does not make any sense for me. By the way if a user wants
> to edit a JSDL file he should know what JSDL means. Or would you edit a
> HTML file with a HTML editor if you never heard about HTML before? Well,

well... this is partly true but

- we should try to "lower the entry bar" so avoiding cryptic names is
always better

- jsdl is the "default" Job Desc. Language, even for submiting on gLite
(which can be confusing for some), so "hidding" a bit the name is not
necessarily a bad thing

I really like Mariusz's compromise proposal,
"Job Description Editor (JSDL)"
and of course we shouldn't offer to open a .jsdl file with a rsl editor or
viceversa.  When creating a new job file of course we need to have JSDL in
the name.

> Additionally I think that correct editor should be opened automatically,
> using  file-extension (or better file content). So user don't need to
> select, in which editor to open given description.

My 2 cts, cheers, ariel

Back to the top