[geclipse-dev] Fwd: [equinox-dev] Credential management for Eclipse...

Hi *,

an interesting discussion on the Equinox mailing list and I'm sure we could
add something from our experience to this discussion...

Subject: [equinox-dev] Credential management for Eclipse...
Date: Monday 11 June 2007 19:19
From: "Matt Flaherty" <mwflaher@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: equinox-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Greeting all,

I just posted a draft requirements and high-level discussion document
regarding one of the first steps needed towards enabling security in
Eclipse - management of user credentials (i.e.: private keys for signing
and public certificates for trust decisions). See:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Security:_KeyStore_support_for_Eclipse

The proposal is that we stick to standard Java API's where possible (like
KeyStore, CertStore, etc). From a user interaction standpoint, I would
especially like to rationalize this work with General->Network Connections
in the platform preferences, and particularly with the SSH2 section on Key
Management.

 Please have  a look and post comments criticisms, etc.

Thanks,
-matt

Matt Flaherty
Project Lead/Architect