Re: [epp-dev] Exceptions when starting Neon M4 packages

Hi Markus,

Markus Knauer wrote:
> Thank you for providing the workaround. It looks good to me and I would
> push it as soon as I verified the results from the verification job.

Just to to clear. I provided two workarounds: Workaround A adds the
org.eclipse.jdt.annotations bundle to all EPP package and workaround B
fixes the Require-Bundle header of the org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.ui
bundle.

> How do we proceed from here? I suggest the following:
>
> *TODAY*
> - Wait for the verification job and verify that is a valid workaround
> that solves the problem in M4 and does not introduce any unwanted side
> effects.

This refers to workaround A.

> - Publish the M4 packages that received a +1 as planned today, hold back
> those that got a -1
> - Do not enable the EPP p2 repository with the M4 version of the
> packages today

Why hold the p2 repository back? Because you can install AERI from it
without the org.eclipse.jdt.annotations bundle, as workaround B has not
been deployed? Not sure I understand the reasoning.

> *BEGINNNG OF NEXT WEEK*

Is this the point where we get workaround B out in the wild (which would
require a whole simrel repo cycle)?

Sorry for the questions, but I am (mildly) confused.

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH
The knowledge transfer company