Re: [epp-dev] Exceptions when starting Neon M4 packages

I should have been more specific: In both cases I meant your workaround A, i.e. adding the annotations bundle to all packages by extending the EPP common feature, because that is independent from the Simultaneous Release contribution and much easier to accomplish, especially in the week before Christmas.

Disabling / not publishing some packages on the download page is easy and that's something that we do all the time during milestones. But the EPP p2 repository always contains the metadata of *all* packages and it is much harder to remove a few of the packages. If we publish the M4 EPP p2 repository everyone gets an update to the new version... and my intention was to prevent this from happening.

Thanks,
Markus

On 18 December 2015 at 15:37, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Markus,

Markus Knauer wrote:
> Thank you for providing the workaround. It looks good to me and I would
> push it as soon as I verified the results from the verification job.

Just to to clear. I provided two workarounds: Workaround A adds the
org.eclipse.jdt.annotations bundle to all EPP package and workaround B
fixes the Require-Bundle header of the org.eclipse.epp.logging.aeri.ui
bundle.

> How do we proceed from here? I suggest the following:
>
> *TODAY*
> - Wait for the verification job and verify that is a valid workaround
> that solves the problem in M4 and does not introduce any unwanted side
> effects.

This refers to workaround A.

> - Publish the M4 packages that received a +1 as planned today, hold back
> those that got a -1
> - Do not enable the EPP p2 repository with the M4 version of the
> packages today

Why hold the p2 repository back? Because you can install AERI from it
without the org.eclipse.jdt.annotations bundle, as workaround B has not
been deployed? Not sure I understand the reasoning.

> *BEGINNNG OF NEXT WEEK*

Is this the point where we get workaround B out in the wild (which would
require a whole simrel repo cycle)?

Sorry for the questions, but I am (mildly) confused.

Andreas

--
Codetrails GmbH
The knowledge transfer company

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt
Phone: +49-6151-276-7092
Mobile: +49-170-811-3791
http://www.codetrails.com/

Managing Director: Dr. Marcel Bruch
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 91940

###
EclipseSource Group
Telefon: +49 721 664733-0 (GMT +2)
Telefax: +49 721 66473329

http://eclipsesource.com

Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
Lammstrasse 21, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Mannheim HRB 107883

Back to the top