Re: [epp-dev] Exceptions when starting Neon M4 packages

This sounds fine to me.
Thanks!

On Dec 18, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Markus Knauer <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you for providing the workaround. It looks good to me and I would push it as soon as I verified the results from the verification job.

How do we proceed from here? I suggest the following:

*TODAY*
- Wait for the verification job and verify that is a valid workaround that solves the problem in M4 and does not introduce any unwanted side effects.
- Publish the M4 packages that received a +1 as planned today, hold back those that got a -1
- Do not enable the EPP p2 repository with the M4 version of the packages today

*BEGINNNG OF NEXT WEEK*
- Create an M4a based on the workaround
- Publish M4a packages for those with a -1 in M4 (probably on Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest depending on mirror servers and package maintainers)
- Enable the M4a EPP p2 repository together with the M4a packages

Current voting status:

?  C/C++
+1  Java, Modeling, Android, DSL, Testers, Automotive, RCP/RAP
-1  Parallel

Does anyone have any objections? Or better proposals? If I don't hear any objections until, let's say 11am eastern I'd move on as proposed.

Thanks and regards,
Markus

On 18 December 2015 at 14:57, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Agreed. I wouldn't want to do a whole simre-repo-rebuild cycle. But
> maybe we can fix it just with a few lines on a .product or feature.xml.
> I'll try this locally.

Workaround is in Gerrit [1]. This adds the org.eclipse.jdt.annotations
bundles as a dependency to the org.eclipse.epp.package.common.feature,
from which it should be removed again Marcel has time to fix Bug 484629.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/63020/>

--
Codetrails GmbH
The knowledge transfer company

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt
Phone: +49-6151-276-7092
Mobile: +49-170-811-3791
http://www.codetrails.com/

Managing Director: Dr. Marcel Bruch
Handelsregister: Darmstadt HRB 91940

###
EclipseSource Group
Telefon: +49 721 664733-0 (GMT +2)
Telefax: +49 721 66473329

http://eclipsesource.com

Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
Lammstrasse 21, 76133 Karlsruhe Germany
General Manager: Jochen Krause
Registered Office: Karlsruhe, Commercial Register Mannheim HRB 107883