RE: [epp-dev] EPP packages containing Incubating projects (IMPORTANT)

(I’ve subscribed to epp-dev for the remainder of the Ganymede release cycle)

Mylyn does not distribute any incubation components as part of EPP packages that it’s included in:

·         Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers

·         Eclipse for RCP/Plug-in Developers

·         Eclipse Modeling Tools

·         Eclipse IDE for Java Developers

·         Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers

I’m not sure what the previous discussions and constraints regarding this are, but I believe it’s important to keep Incubation components out of EPP packages because everything that shows on the top-level eclipse.org/downloads page will be considered a “released” component by many or most users.

Fyi, all of Mylyn’s (Incubation) components are on a separate update site called “Incubator”.  The gory details are at: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn/User_Guide#Project_Structure

Mik