Re: [epp-dev] EPP packages containing Incubating projects

The JEE packages does not, and has no plans to (since even an incubating project must have a pre 1.0 release review to be included ... right?).

Thanks,

P.S. I'm just responding so you'll know others do subscribe to this list :)

From: Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: epp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Bjorn Freeman-Benson <bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Janet Campbell'" <janet.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/01/2008 05:39 PM
Subject: [epp-dev] EPP packages containing Incubating projects

Packagers,
Janet has alerted me to something I forgot about the packages: because they are a "distribution" by the Eclipse Foundation, we/you need to make sure that if the packages containing any Incubation Phase projects, the packages are correctly labeled as such. The standard for labeling is currently described in the incubation phase guidelines and includes having the file names contain "-incubation-".  So, two questions:

(1) Do any of the existing packages contain projects that are incubating or are shipping incubating code?
(2) If so, when can you change the package build system to include the correct incubation phrase and to have the package name itself be "JavaEE (Incubation)" (or whatever).

Thanks,
- Bjorn