Re: [epf-dev] EPF Wiki authentifications

Onno,

thanks for the reply. The intended set-up is users accessing the wiki via IE, which allows NTLM. On a general purpose wiki we already have, this was implemented with the server module libapache2-authenntlm-perl to put the user name in an environment variable to be used by the wiki to identify users. In addition php based custom code was used to verify group membership in a LDAP directory prior access.

I have found some hints in the EPF Wiki user guide (http://wiki.eclipse.org/EPF_Wiki_User_Guide) to use a LDAP server via changes in the user.rb. I was not sure what the exact intent of the method is (create users? verify existing users?). If it can be used to verify group membership (even if users need to log-in via the email method) we would be set. The group in LDAP could be created manually, and it is fine to handle user hierarchies in EPF Wiki only.

Thanks & Regards
Gunter Seidel

Back to the top