Re: [egit-dev] JGit Questions and Build

On Oct 1, 2009, at 23:18, Chris Aniszczyk wrote:

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:13 PM, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
By what timeframe? The indication of expressing interest to join is M4, which is mid-Dec. Do we need all of those things by M4?

We would have to express our intention by M4 and do these things:

Can you help with that if you become a committer on the project?

We should ship things as (incubation) as I wouldn't be comfortable shipping at "1.0" yet and I'm sure the EGit/JGit folks feel the same way. I don't think there's anything preventing us to ship incubation code as part of Helios as long as it's all IP cleared.

Agreed, we don't want to rush a release just to get it on the train. And the IP hurdle is probably the most difficult. But I think that shipping a version, even if it is a 0.9 (incubation) release as part of Helios, will do a lot to attract (good) attention for the EGit project and then bode well for future releases.

Does it make sense to raise this as a bug, so that people can vote on it? Or would everyone prefer to discuss/vote on the list?

Alex

Back to the top