Re: [egit-dev] JGit Questions and Build

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When looking at the JGit library, I noticed that there was a
> "org.eclipse.jgit.awtui" package...
> Is that intentional? Do we want to have UI bits in the core JGit library?

I'd say no, not the least of which is it makes it a pain to work in a
truly headless way. We should probably have a JGit and JGit-UI
component in Bugzilla and treat them as separate plugins IMNSHO.

> I volunteer to be the releng person for JGit/EGit to save people the
> trouble. If people think this is worth committership feel free to nominate
> me.

I'd definitely nominate you (although I probably just about reach the
rank of 'worthless peon' on the project ;-)

What's your thoughts on the Helios train? If we go through the motions
of joining, then towards the end, decide that we're not going to be
stable enough at the end, can we back out? Are there restrictions on
the 'incubation' phase which means we can't join that train until
we've finished incubating?

Alex

Back to the top