Re: [egit-dev] JGit Questions and Build

Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When looking at the JGit library, I noticed that there was a
> "org.eclipse.jgit.awtui" package...
>
> Is that intentional?

Yes.  Its common AWT based UI code for any consumer of JGit who is
using an AWT UI.

> Do we want to have UI bits in the core JGit library?

Well, it should be a side library, not part of the core plugin.

> Should we have a org.eclipse.jgit.core and org.eclipse.jgit.ui split?

Yes.

> Are there packages in JGit that are meant to be "internal" ? What does JGit
> consider API?

None are really internal yet.  Classes that are only package visible
are internal, but other than that any public class is part of our
current public API.

> Once I have the feature for JGit, I can setup a releng project.
>
> I volunteer to be the releng person for JGit/EGit to save people the
> trouble. If people think this is worth committership feel free to nominate
> me.

FYI, over on the Git mailing list there is also work going on to
cleanup the build to be Maven based:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/129410

--
Shawn.