From: egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:egit-dev-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Wayne Beaton
Sent: September-28-09 8:32 AM
To: Chris Aniszczyk
Cc: Anne Jacko; EGit developer discussion
Subject: Re: [egit-dev] JGit projection creatoin?

I'm looking into this. Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Chris Aniszczyk wrote:
On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Alex Blewitt
<alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Don't think it caused offence, and FWIW the goal of JGit is still
    to be an IDW neutral later for other Git clients. Also, don't
take
    offense at the name - it's just that all source projects at
    Eclipse.org are in org.eclipse subpackages, much like Apache
    projects are org.apache.

Alex is correct, 'org.eclipse' has to be there. The general policy is
that the Eclipse project shortname is used ie., 'org.eclipse.egit' to
prevent namespace stomping.

I think the solution is simple, we'll just email the EMO asking an
exception for the namespace rule. I think this is fine since JGit is
subproject and is meant to be used standalone.

org.eclipse.jgit -- this is for the JGit library, standalone
--
org.eclipse.egit.core -- core egit
org.eclipse.egit.ui -- ui egit

Thoughts? I've cc'd the EMO.

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk