Re: [egit-dev] JGit projection creatoin?

Why not just call it org.eclipse.jgit. It would be highly unlikely you end up with a namespace clash in the future. I'm sure we'd never allow a project named jgit anyway to avoid confusion with this one.

I don't know why we get hung up on naming. I'm sure there's better use of our time.

The curmudgeon pragmatist,
Doug.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mik Kersten <mik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Or you could consider the approach we've taken several times, mostly modeled
> on Platform, to make the dependencies explicit in the bundle names:
> * org.eclipse.egit.core (JGit stuff, runs happily on a Java classpath)
> * org.eclipse.egit.resources (core stuff coupled to workspace/resources,
> current stuff in core)
> * org.eclipse.egit.ui (coupled to workbench/UI)

OK, I'm going to propose that we name them as above.  It means
renaming our current core bundle/package, but the UI bundle/package
can stay where it is.

org.eclipse.egit.jgit just bothers me, too many gits in the kitchen.
And like you, I don't like deep package namespaces.

--
Shawn.