Re: [egit-dev] JGit projection creatoin?

Mik Kersten <mik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> +1 to Doug's point.  In addition each new project incurring significant
> administrative overhead, in all my experiences leaning towards unity with
> related projects/components eases collaboration.  I still regret making
> AspectJ and AJDT separate projects (first in Technology then moving both to
> Tools), and they have a similar relationships as JGit and EGit, ie, AspectJ
> is completely independent of AJDT and happily runs on the command line or
> within NetBeans.  But then so does the jdt.core compiler, which is very
> nicely separated from jdt.ui, and I think their model has worked better.

The problem I can't resolve right now is the package namespace
conflict on "egit.core".  If we make jgit egit.core, what do we do
with the stuff that is in egit.core today?  That stuff that binds
to the workspace and works in a headless environment?

--
Shawn.

Back to the top