From: egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:egit-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: September-25-09 2:50 PM
To: EGit developer discussion
Subject: Re: [egit-dev] JGit projection creatoin?

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

fredag 25 september 2009 17:48:04 skrev "Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Now that JGit has been approved by the board, should we be hosting
> it under the EGit project, or submitting a creation review for a
> new Technology project called JGit?  Or something else entirely?

I sort of like it being a separate project, partly because JGit is completely
independent of EGit and to make the difference in licensing clearer.

If that amounts to a lot of extra administrative work, then no. Most of
the work will still be around processing contributions, I think.

Trust me. It's too much admin work. Single project, multiple components accomplishes what you need.

-- robin