Re: [e4-dev] Model changes for 4.4 M4

Hi

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 8:37 AM, Paul Elder <pelder@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric Moffatt  and I are planning a number of E4 model changes for next week (M4). Our initial cut is below:

* Create MWizard and MDialog classes (that extend MWindow), and add corresponding collection attributes on MApplication

Based on the conversations in the thread like http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/e4-dev/msg07981.html and http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/e4-dev/msg07982.html I'm not convinced we should be adding MWizard (and I'm not sure about MDialog).  The MWizard isn't backed by a design, and (in theory) we should have one as it should be able to model how we use it in the SDK (our current main usecase).

MDialog I can see as a placeholder for the myriad of Dialogs we already open, where its rendering protocol is basically open the Shell and delegate to createContents(*) somewhere (well, it needs to be able to support "give me a TitleAreaDialog and I'll pretend to manage it).

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR