Re: [e4-dev] HandledItem Questions

Hi Boris,

Am 07.03.10 17:02, schrieb Boris Bokowski:
> The idea was to have one (DirectMenuItem) that was as simple as
> possible, with no requirement to match IDs or link to existing framework
> objects. This is for the case where you just want a menu or toolbar item
> that does something, and all you should have to do is point to a class
> that implements the execute() method with the behaviour you want.
>
> The other one (HandledMenuItem) is meant for the more complex cases,
> where you'd like to be able to bind keys to a command and have the key
> binding appear in the menu, or where you may have multiple menu or
> toolbar items for the same command, or multiple handlers for the same
> command. In this case, I prefer direct EMF references to the "other"
> model objects over matching by ID or URL - the latter is a common
> problem in Eclipse 3.x where you wonder why something is not working for
> hours until you discover that some ID didn't match some other ID.

I understand that and hence I propose to create an additional object
type which allows me reference a command indirectly through its ID (one
would only use it when the Command-Object is not directly available).

In my proposal the framework code would not be affected by the way
because one simply always calls getCommand() and the resolution happens
within the Method.

Tom

tom schindl                                        geschaeftsfuehrer/CEO
eduard-bodem-gasse 5/1    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top