Re: [e4-dev] HandledItem Questions

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I think a HandledItem needs to hold the command-id it wants to call and
> not the Command-Instance itself.

it's like that because "in theory" you can't define a HandledMenuItem
or HandledToolItem without a command.  If we make it an ID then we
have to do reference checking everywhere we use it in the app.  We
also have to maintain the lookup to get the command every time we need
it.

But since that's what we've always done, I don't think it's a big deal
if you want to change it from a reference to simply an ID.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR