Re: [e4-dev] how to contribute to toolkit model ?

Patrick Paulin wrote:

We want to attract developers from other technologies such as Flex and .NET. These developers will understand XWT and XAML. If we tell them they need to learn EMF to construct a UI, they are going to stick with the tools they have.

I understand and partly agree. I'm trying to provide the same kind of model as XWT, a hierarchical representation of the UI that is fairly close to the UI structure and that can be scripted, bound to data, etc. Creating a UI should not require EMF skills, but if you want to extend the UI "language" you will have to understand (some of) EMF.

None of this is meant to put down TM or EMF in general. I'd like to see these technologies grow and become more popular.

We may end up agreeing that it's better to develop TM on it's own, if that's best for e4.

Hallvard

Back to the top