Re: [cdt-dev] help getting started with CDT development

>  >> I am having trouble exporting a plugin with changes that I've
>  >> made to an eclipse installation.
>  >>
>  >> Here's what I did, mostly just following the instructions at
>  >> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development:
>  >>
>  >>   - Installed Eclipse SDK, EGit, and PDE
>  >>   - Went into Git perspective, cloned the master branch of the CDT repo
>  >>   - Made a small change to code in org.eclipse.cdt.ui
>  >>   - Went into PDF perspective, right-clicked on org.eclipse.cdt.ui
>  >> project, did Run As -> Eclipse Application
>  >>     - This works fine, and my change has taken effect
>  >>   - Did File -> Export -> Plug-in Development -> Deployable plug-ins or
>  >> fragments
>  >
>  > It's easier to use File -> Export -> Plug-in Development
>  > -> Deployable features. In the Export dialog I recommend selecting
>  > Archive file.
>
> Which features should I select to export? If I select all of them,
> I get the following error:
>
> 'Export Features' has encountered a problem.
>
> Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.source:
> Unable to find plug-in: org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core.source_0.0.0.
> Please check the error log for more details.
>
> You need to have all plugins included in the feature imported into your
> workspace. Do you have autotools?

I have the following projects related to autotools in my workspace:

org.eclipse.cdt.autotools-feature
org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core
org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.docs
org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.source-feature
org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.tests
org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.ui.tests
org.eclipse.linuxtools.cdt.autotools.core

Should I have something else as well?

Thanks,
Nate

Back to the top