[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[cdt-dev] help getting started with CDT development
- From: Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 03:47:45 +0000
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Importance: Normal
I am getting started with CDT development for the first time,
so please bear with me.
I am having trouble exporting a plugin with changes that I've
made to an eclipse installation.
Here's what I did, mostly just following the instructions at
- Installed Eclipse SDK, EGit, and PDE
- Went into Git perspective, cloned the master branch of the CDT repo
- Made a small change to code in org.eclipse.cdt.ui
- Went into PDF perspective, right-clicked on org.eclipse.cdt.ui project, did Run As -> Eclipse Application
- This works fine, and my change has taken effect
- Did File -> Export -> Plug-in Development -> Deployable plug-ins or fragments
- Selected org.eclipse.cdt.ui
- Chose an existing eclipse installation as the target directory
- I can see a new file org.eclipse.cdt.ui_18.104.22.168205232302.jar appeared
in the plugins subdirectory of the target eclipse installation. Its timestamp
is newer than the previous org.eclipse.cdt.ui jar file.
- But when I run the target eclipse installation, my changes do not take effect,
suggesting the old plugin is loaded instead of the new one.
- If I remove the old plugin, eclipse starts but the windows are full of errors
like "Could not create the view: org.eclipse.cdt.ui.typeHierarchy", suggesting
that it tried to load the new plugin but failed.
I extracted the old and new plugin jars, and compared their contents, and found that the
following files, present in the old jar, are missing from the new:
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or how I can debug this further?