Re: [cdt-dev] help getting started with CDT development

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Nathan Ridge <zeratul976@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I am having trouble exporting a plugin with changes that I've
>> made to an eclipse installation.
>>
>> Here's what I did, mostly just following the instructions at
>> http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_started_with_CDT_development:
>>
>>   - Installed Eclipse SDK, EGit, and PDE
>>   - Went into Git perspective, cloned the master branch of the CDT repo
>>   - Made a small change to code in org.eclipse.cdt.ui
>>   - Went into PDF perspective, right-clicked on org.eclipse.cdt.ui
>> project, did Run As -> Eclipse Application
>>     - This works fine, and my change has taken effect
>>   - Did File -> Export -> Plug-in Development -> Deployable plug-ins or
>> fragments
>
> It's easier to use File -> Export -> Plug-in Development
> -> Deployable features. In the Export dialog I recommend selecting
> Archive file.

Which features should I select to export? If I select all of them,
I get the following error:

'Export Features' has encountered a problem.

Processing inclusion from feature org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.source:
Unable to find plug-in: org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core.source_0.0.0.
Please check the error log for more details.

You need to have all plugins included in the feature imported into your workspace. Do you have autotools?

Thanks,
Nate

-sergey