[buckminster-dev] Re: Problems getting started with Headless Buckminster

Hi Mark,

Mark Phippard wrote:
I have no problem with making the right change, I just do not know what
it is and do not personally have the time to investigate.  This change
was introduced back in 2005 by one of our committers from Japan.
Obviously the encoding of files is more sensitive for them, as well as
easier to see problems.  I would not take the fact that you did not
observe any problems as "gold" that there are not any problems.  The
interface in question just exposes the same method as IEncodedStorage
but I assume that the compare plugin must be checking to see if the
class is implementing this interface or not.

I'm not suggesting that the functionality should be removed, merely that it is moved to the UI plugin. There are no calls to/from the org.eclipse.compare plugin present in the subclipse.core plugin, neither does it extend any extension point that requires it. I'm sure someone at some point, in some other plugin than core, indeed do make use of the BaseResourceStorage in a situation when a IEncodedStreamContentAccessor is needed. So what I'm suggesting is that at when it is needed (most likely in your UI plugin), a wrapper should be used instead and that that wrapper in turn implements the needed interface.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top