[buckminster-dev] Re: Problems getting started with Headless Buckminster

Hi John,
And thanks for a very elaborate bug report.

2. Unzip buckminster.product-1.0.0.v20061005.zip into C:\

At first I was wondering why you where using the v20061005 version and not the latest v20061006 version that was published on our download site. But then I tried that link and discovered that it was actually in error. Although the link text says v20061006, you actually get the v20061005 version.

Your first step should be to download the v20061006 version of the product.

UNEXPECTED: there seems to be a difference in behavior between explicit and implicit local site.

Indeed.

Now, for the inconsistencies in our workspace. You do:

C:\>buckminster listsite
Searching local site...

and somewhere a bit down in the output you see things like:

Plug-in "org.eclipse.jdt.debug" version "3.2.1.r321_v20060731" referenced by this feature is missing. Plug-in "org.junit4" version "4.1.0.1" referenced by this feature is missing. org.eclipse.buckminster.headless.pde.feature_1.0.0.v20061006 (Buckminster - Headless PDE support) Plug-in "org.eclipse.pde.build" version "3.2.1.r321_v20060823" referenced by this feature is missing. Included feature "Buckminster - Headless JDT support" version "1.0.0.v20061005" contains problems.

All of those problems was caused by corrupt content on the Buckminster update site. This has now been fixed. I retraced all your steps and after the fix, I no longer see the problems. I even tried your cquery but the 'trac' host doesn't seem to be publicly known.

How does buckminster determine the implicit target platform location for "buckminster listsite" ?

The code that is executed is different. Buckminster will consult internal platform model when you use the implicit site. That however, does not explain why the plugins are not listed when you use the explicit site. I'll have to investigate that further.

Many thanks for helping us to figure this out. :)

I'm the one who should say thanks. This was one of the best problem reports I've seen.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top