[buckminster-dev] Re: Problems getting started with Headless Buckminster

Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> Hi John,
> OK, I can reproduce this too now. And I found the cause of the
> problem. I've bumped the reason of
> org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.core and that plugin depend on the
> org.eclipse.compare plugin which in turn brings in a whole slew of UI
> specific plugins. I'm copying this to the svn newsgroup too since I'd
> like to get their opinion on this.
>
> The only workaround I can find for you right now is to copy most of
> the plugins from an Eclipse IDE installation into your headless
> installation. The org.eclipse.compare plugin brings in the
> org.eclipse.ui.ide and the org.eclipse.ui.workbench.texteditor which
> in turn brings most other UI specific plugins in with them.
>
> Subclipse has a org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui component too.
> Perhaps it would be better if they moved the dependency to
> org.eclipse.compare into that plugin. Right now there's no way to use
> Subclipse efficiently in a headless environment.

It looks like the dependency exists so that our BaseResourceStorage
class can implement the
org.eclipse.compare.IEncodedStreamContentAccessor interface.  The
annotation for this change says it was so that we could properly set
the encoding on files when doing compares from the Synch view.

Mark

Back to the top