Re: [buckminster-dev] Buckminster Component Assembly Management -first milestone!

Ken,

On 9/9/05, Kenneth Ölwing <kenneth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Forget that last message I sent. I hadn't read the installation
> > instructions properly!
>
> Hi Knut,
>
> All forgotten :-)
>
> Still, just to reiterate to others and give some further explanations- what
> you downloaded was the 'product' (headless only) build which accounts for
> it's 'strange' content. To make that run you have to dig into the
> buckminster cmdline plugin below it and deep down in the 'launchers'
> directory structure eventually find a readme as well as some forms of
> launchers (windows .exe's, primarily). The _discard_this_exe_ thing you find
> is actually the regular eclipse.exe - though it truly isn't adapted for
> headless use so we have to provide our own. The product really needs an
> installer to hide such messiness as well as a scripted creation - it'll come
> eventually I guess.

Yes, I figured it out. I'd been too lazy to read everything and just
scanned the page for a download link.

Although I still have problems getting the example up and running. I
can't seem to get the open project wizard working for the
"buckminster.test.build_a" component. The wizard seems to do
something, but eventually I get the following error message: "Error
during loading: No suitable provider for component
buckminster.test.build_a was found in searchPath buckminster.test". Is
there anything else I need to set?

> For reasons like this, but also because of the fact that we're rewriting the
> launcher mechanism including, probably, the cmdline parsing rules etc, I've
> left it like it is for the moment. Kinda drives home the rawness of M1...:-)
>
> What you probably were after was an 'update site' in zip form - I never
> uploaded one...perhaps I should?

I suppose that would be useful to have.

Regards,

--knut