Re: [buckminster-dev] Buckminster Component Assembly Management - first milestone!

On 9/8/05, ken1 (Kenneth Ölwing) <kenneth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Buckminster team is proud to announce the first publicly available build
> of Buckminster: 1.0.0.M1 (follow the 'downloads' link at
> http://eclipse.org/buckminster)!

First, my congratulations for this first release to all of you!

I've downloaded the M1 release for Windows (as a ZIP) and extracted it
to my harddrive. I was although somewhat perplexed by the contents.
There is a top-level buckminster directory in which there's the
directories plugins and configuration, and the files .eclipseproduct,
startup.jar, and _discard_this_file_.exe. How do I actually start up
the workbench? Launching the exe file creates a workspace directory,
but nothing else seems to happen.

TIA,

--knut

Back to the top