Re: [buckminster-dev] Buckminster Component Assembly Management -first milestone!

Forget that last message I sent. I hadn't read the installation instructions properly!

Hi Knut,

All forgotten :-)

Still, just to reiterate to others and give some further explanations- what you downloaded was the 'product' (headless only) build which accounts for it's 'strange' content. To make that run you have to dig into the buckminster cmdline plugin below it and deep down in the 'launchers' directory structure eventually find a readme as well as some forms of launchers (windows .exe's, primarily). The _discard_this_exe_ thing you find is actually the regular eclipse.exe - though it truly isn't adapted for headless use so we have to provide our own. The product really needs an installer to hide such messiness as well as a scripted creation - it'll come eventually I guess.

For reasons like this, but also because of the fact that we're rewriting the launcher mechanism including, probably, the cmdline parsing rules etc, I've left it like it is for the moment. Kinda drives home the rawness of M1...:-)

What you probably were after was an 'update site' in zip form - I never uploaded one...perhaps I should?

ken1

Back to the top